Tuesday 14 April 2015

A bit more time on my hands!

So, lately I've had just a little bit more time on my hands than normal. I've used the time to see more of the family, but also of course, to try and get out on the bike a bit more!

The first ride of note was last Saturday's time trial. It was only a 10 miler, but I managed a decent enough time on a cold and blustery day. I finished 3rd. I definitely didn't expect that! The ride was plagued by a 'Full English' repeating on me, so I rode just below the intensity I would normally ride at in an effort not to throw up! It just about worked. There's another time trial tomorrow night and another again on Saturday. I'll not be scoffing bacon and sausages before those!

Today I also rode up the Wrekin Hill. It was the first time I went up with any real effort in a while. I didn't really enjoy it - nor did I do a particularly impressive time - 2.30 mins down on my fastest. But, it's a start. Maybe by the end of the year I'll get a Strava KOM up there!

I've also decided to keep lifting weights throughout the Summer. Mainly because I hate feeling weak! Every time I watch someone lifting an Olympic bar I get envious... So, despite the fact it won't help me lose the weight I could do with losing in order to ride up hills faster, I'm willing to sacrifice some cycling performance for a body that doesn't feel like it couldn't punch its way out of a paper bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment