Tuesday 7 January 2014

Post Number 7: The Answer...

Just in case you were wondering what the answer is to the question posed in Blog 6... The answer is that the stronger twin will get fatigued slowest, as he is lifting a lower percentage of his maximum. The task of squatting his own bodyweight is relatively easier! There's a lot of scientific evidence to back this up and it the theory works for individuals the majority of times... but the best way to find out whether it's true or not, is to give it a go yourself!

Today, it's fair to say I don't feel particularly strong. I have DOMs (DElayed Onset Muscle Soreness) from yesterday's deadlift and clean lifts, and my recovery bike ride (3 hours) was a little bit harder than it should have been. I intended to keep my heartrate below 170 (My max HR is 205) so that I didn't compound my fatigue too much, but some of the hills around here are so steep and unavoidable (I live at the top of a gorge), that just to get home, my HR went pretty high (180ish).

Fingers crossed I'll feel fresher tomorrow. As tomorrow is squat day, my favourite day!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment